As wellbeing and quality of life deteriorate, there may come a time in pet ownership when you will be faced with difficult decisions such as pet euthanasia. If you feel your pet's quality of life has declined, Elk Creek Animal Hospital's compassionate team of veterinarians and support staff are prepared to help and support you. We will make sure that you are fully informed about all possible treatment options.
While companion animal euthanasia is never an easy choice, once your decision is made we will prepare you for what is to come and be with you every step of the way. You can find comfort in knowing that our methods ensure your pet will be serenely and peacefully laid to rest.
The veterinarians are available 8:30am until 4:30pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00am until 11:00am on Saturday's to humanely euthanize your pet in a compassionate and professional manner. We understand that deciding to euthanize your pet may be one of the hardest decisions you have to make and we are here for you if you have any questions when it comes to your pet's quality of life.
Tips for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Allow yourself to grieve and cry.
- Talk about your feelings with friends, family, or our sympathetic hospital staff.
- Maintain your normal daily routine.
- Memorialize your lost pet by planting a tree or creating a small photo album filled with happy memories.
- The Rainbow Bridge is an online pet memorial and grief support community for those who have lost their "furry, feathered, or scaled" family members.